Thomas Ramey Watson

Disinfectants cause some bacteria to adapt and even thrive

[A] new lab study shows one pesky bacterium eats cleansers for breakfast: When disinfectant was applied to lab cultures of the bacteria, they adapted to survive not only the disinfectant but also a common antibiotic.

Read article.

For the most part, I’m using white vinegar to clean around the house, including toilets and bathrooms.

It also whitens.

Works wonders and isn’t toxic. Because it’ s acidic, vinegar al

so kills germs.

It isn’t supposed to be as dangerous

as all the new, toxic chemicals. I also like Simiple Green, another non-toxic cleaner.

It’s better th an vineg

ar on my wood flloors bec

ause it leaves a little shine.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *